Guide dogs are so important to so many people in New Zealand, and they aren’t cheap to raise or train! Blind Foundation guide dogs give freedom and independence to New Zealanders who are blind or have low vision.
Bikkie Day is on 2 July 2018, and of course I’ll be participating! I’ll be selling cute doggy-shaped biscuits during the week of 2-6 July in and around Christchurch for a minimum of $3. All funds raised will go directly to the Blind Foundation. Your support will make a huge difference!
- $30 could buy soft toys and tug ropes for guide dog puppies to aid their development
- $50 could pay for a guide dog puppy’s first eye check
- $100 could pay for all vaccinations for a guide dog puppy
- $200 could pay for a working guide dog’s special harness
- $500 could pay for a starter kit for a new guide dog handler and their guide dog. The starter kit includes: harness, food bowl, whistle, brush, toys and much more.
- $1,000 could help cover the vet care costs of a guide dog puppy in training
If you’re not local to Christchurch, or you don’t like biscuits (?!?!), you can still donate through my fundraising page here. Please help me help them by giving generously — guide dogs are absolutely life-changing to so many people. To spread the word, please help by sharing my page with your friends and family.
Thank you in for helping me raise lots of dough this Bikkie Day, it means a lot!